HAHA...  u must be wondering why BEyonce's pic is up .. well  ...Before you read further i just cant resist but to let u guys watch this one by Beyonce

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTWaU15taTo

now watch young MJ perform live :  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFL_gYXE6Rk

read all the stuff later.. watch this other jackson 5 live performance! i wanna be where you are song no 3.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGkYkifyFIA&feature=related

and remember SWV? yeah they also sang this song..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OPFAuWyqv0

now by the FUgees : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M4jCmzqvQA  

and the famous Marvin Gaye(Alternate take) :  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sLjW8CqDLU

you guys enjoyed it!? now u can read

Lyrics

Can it be I stayed away too long
Did I leave your mind when I was gone
It's not my thing trying to get back
But this time let me tell you where I'm at
You don't have to worry 'cause I'm coming
Back to where I should have always stayed
And now I've heard the maybe to your story
And it's enough love for me to stay

Can it be I stayed away too long
Did I leave your mind when I was gone
It's not my thing trying to get back
But this time let me tell you where I'm at

[Chorus:]
I wanna, wanna be where you are
Anywhere you are
I wanna, wanna be where you are
Everywhere you are

[Bridge:]
Please don't close the door to our future
There's so many things we haven't tried
I could love you better than I used to
And give you all the love I have inside

[Chorus:]
I wanna, wanna be where you are
Any, any, anywhere you are
I wanna, wanna be where you are
I gotta be where you are


written by Leon Ware and Arthur "T-Boy" Ross for Michael Jackson, who took the song to number sixteen on the U.S. pop singles chart and number two on the U.S. R&B singles chart in 1972. His third straight Top 40 pop hit during his early solo career in Motown, it was also the first collaboration between Ware and Ross, the younger brother of R&B singer Diana Ross. This song would be one of Jackson's most covered songs, with singers including Marvin Gaye, Willie Hutch, Jason Weaver and The Fugees. Ware and Ross would be famous together for penning the classic Marvin Gaye single, "I Want You" several years afterwards.


Covers

  • While the versions of Hutch's and Weaver's followed the original, the Fugees' version was completely different save for the choruses sung by Lauryn Hill while Marvin's was more of an instrumental except for Marvin singing the title and dedicating the track to his then-girlfriend Janis Hunter and his children Marvin III (referred as "little Marvin" on the record), Nona and Frankie Christian. The alternate instrumental, later issued on a deluxe edition re-release of Marvin's I Want You album, was a funk-styled instrumental that featured Marvin's background vocals harmonizing throughout the track, which was also produced by Ware.
  • Jose Feliciano, on his first album for Motown Records, produced by Berry Gordy, covered the song in English and then re-recorded it in 1982 on his next LP at Motown in Spanish (the title became "Ahora Si Quiero Amar").
  • There is an interpolation of the song in Grand Puba's 1995 hit "I Like It (I Wanna Be Where You Are)" from the album 2000.
VH1's 2003 reality series Born To Diva's winner Tarralyn Ramsey sampled the song on her second album Tarralyn in 2004.
  • Chris Brown's "Yo (Excuse Me Miss)" sampled the song on his 2005 eponymous debut album.
  • Hutch's version was sampled by singer Mary J. Blige for her song, "You Can't Hide from Luv" from her The Breakthrough album.
  • Jennifer Lopez sampled the song in her song "Gotta Be There", which is included in her 2007 album Brave.
  • MURS sampled the song for "Can It Be (Half A Million Dollars And 18 Months Later)" on his 2008 album Murs For President.
  • In 1978, Latin jazz flutist Dave Valentin covered an instrumental version of the song on his debut album Legends, which was also the debut release of the then-new GRP Records label (a subsidiary of Arista Records).
  • Beyoncé covered the song for her live CD/DVD I Am... Yours: An Intimate Performance at Wynn Las Vegas.
  • 50 Cent freestyled over the instrumental and left Jackson's vocals, the song can be found on 50's mixtape Forever King.

Song Credits

Michael Jackson version

  • Lead vocals by Michael Jackson
  • Hollers by Leon Ware and Arthur Ross
  • Instrumentation by assorted Los Angeles musicians
  • Produced by Hal Davis

Charts

Chart (1972) 
Peak
position
U.S. Billboard Hot 100
16
U.S. Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs
2
U.S. Billboard Cash Box
7
Turkey Top 20 Chart
87