LISTEN TO THE SONG ON YOUTUBE : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej1DCv2JED0&feature=related

live version :     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1ODaEq9n3Y



"Got to Be There" is a 1971 single released by Michael Jackson on the Motown label. It was the singer's first solo single following his successful tenure as the lead singer of The Jackson 5. Jackson's solo career began in earnest after its success. The single, written by Elliot Willensky and produced by longtime Jackson 5 producer Hal Davis, was an immediate success. It reached #1 on the Cashbox singles chart, and #4 on both the Billboard pop and R&B charts. It also dominated some European markets, including a #5 position in the UK Singles Chart. With this first hit as a solo artist secured, Motown helped to establish Jackson as a solo act while still with his brothers.
"Got to Be There" was covered by Chaka Khan on her eponymous 1982 solo album. Her version reached the Billboard R&B top 5 and was nominated for a Grammy Award. It was also covered by Boyz II Men for their 2007 album Motown: A Journey Through Hitsville USA, and by The Miracles on their albums Flying High Together , and Smokey Robinson & The Miracles: 1957-1972 . A mostly instrumental version of the song was recorded by jazz guitarist/singer George Benson for his 1993 release Love Remembers.

"Got to Be There"

Single by Michael Jackson
from the album Got to Be There
B-side
"Maria (You Were The Only One)"
Released
October 7, 1971 (1971-10-07)
Format
7" single
Recorded
1971
Genre
Soul, soft rock, R&B
Length
3:22
Label
Motown Records
Writer(s)
Elliot Willensky
Producer
Hal Davis
Michael Jackson singles chronology

"Got to be There"
(1971)
"Rockin' Robin"
(1972)

Charts

Chart (1971) 
Peak
position 
U.S. Billboard Hot 100
4
U.S. Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs
4
UK Singles Chart
5
Australian ARIA Singles Chart
83
Turkey Top 20 Chart
1

Credits

  • Lead and background vocals by Michael Jackson
  • Additional background vocals by assorted singers
  • Instrumentation by assorted Los Angeles musicians
  • Other background vocals by Marlon Jackson and Jackie Jackson.

Lyrics
Got to be there, got to be there
In the morning
When she says hello to the world
Got to be there, got to be there
Bring her good times
And show her that she's my girl
Oh what a feeling there'll be
The moment I know she loves me
'Cause when I look in her eyes I realize
I need her sharing her world beside me

So I've got to be there
Got to be there in the morning
And welcome her into my world
And show her that she is my girl
When she says, "Hello world!"
I need her sharing the world beside me

That's why I've got to be there
Got to be there where love begins
And that's everywhere she goes
I've got to be there so she knows
That when she's with me, she's home

Got to be there
Got to be there